Friday, July 4, 2008

Anticipation

Thoughts from a late night in Cedar Rapids ...

On pins and needles, almost akin to going on a first date. "Will she like me?", "What should I say; how should I act?", "I hope her parents don't hate me.". Ahh ... things that go through the mind.

For those of you not in the know, my name is Dave and we will soon be taking Penny into our care and making her one of our own. My wife, Maggie, and I have bantered back and forth about adopting another dog into our clan for some time. I have often questioned whether we be capable of spreading our love equally between two dogs within our new pack? Thomas (our current dog) has been our child for the past 6 years, and we are awaiting our new arrival with some trepidation and anticipation. Thomas isn't the most social dog, but he'll just have to learn and overcome.

The three of us will have a lot to learn and adapt to - we have to, in order to make sure she is welcomed into our pack. We will make sure she is protected with love and grows to be the confident girl she is capable of. Maybe Thomas will even let her help keep the yard free of those mean, evil squirrels and bunnies.

Cheers,

Dave

0 comments: