Friday, March 7, 2008

The Pen Blossoms


If I hadn't been here the last three weeks to experience the changes in Penny, I wouldn't believe it. The little female Pointer I picked up from the shelter three weeks ago today was scared, recovering from injuries, and severely underweight. Her tail remained perpetually tucked between her legs, and she approached everything with trepidation.

As I write this, Penny is nudging my hand on the keyboard wanting affection. She has just come in from running around the yard with Radar. She walked over a little while ago, picked up a Nylabone, and happily settled down for a chew. She's becoming a Pointer again - happy, confident, and athletic while remaining sweet, affectionate, and mild in the house. She loves the snow, and she loves the sun. She loves to nap, and she loves to run.

I underestimated the resilience of this little girl, and every day with Penny brings happy surprises.

0 comments: